Tuesday 27 August 2013

The underbelly of the sky

There is one shot I have always wanted to capture, and that is the surface of the water as seen from below. It offers a negative of what we usually see, the trough of waves more salient than their crests, and reflections capturing the world beneath rather than the heavens above: tiles in this case. And who is to say that what I think of as the water's surface is not the underbelly of the sky, bearing its breath downwards as I myself come up for air? 


From this angle, the water looks like a hammock sagging under the weight of air
and fraying where I break surface.

My fingers still sheathed in air.
Abstract patterns the naked eye is too slow to capture,
but which may translate into watercolours - Hil!
A first and rather furtive excursion into the pool with my GoPro (the lifeguards had to be persuaded and the pool empty), but I'm happy - I finally get to capture some of the sensuality I find under water, and this is only a beginning...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very promising.
    Am quite speechless.
    Blinded by the glow.

    ReplyDelete