Monday 9 September 2013

Queenford Lake, Oxfordshire

A swim in Brighton on my return (an SD card error destroyed the evidence), followed by a couple of laps round Queensford Lake. In order to have a photo (possibly) published in an Open Swimming calendar (from the Hand of Harray sequence), I have to have entered (such a strange sequence of tenses!) a Henley Swim Event, so have signed up for a 5km 'half marathon' to be held next Sunday. Was just getting into my stride when the lake was taken over by water-skiers and waves!

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck on the 5k. Your photo shall no doubt embellish the calendar as beautifully as your words do your blog, gently seeping into readers' hearts.
    Swim Selkie, swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nada! It seems that whereas other people train, I bumble into things inadvertently while enjoying a slice of cake (and in this case, failing to read the small print about entry requirements!). The cake, if I say so myself, was excellent - can't wait to bake one for you and tuck in, with lots of chat to wash it down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much look forward to that...some chat that would be; ardent, undulating, then inflating then intermittent... with outbreaks of L, L and L

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Nada, may the whole world celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete